Every year, 1500 children are diagnosed with cancer in Canada. It is an overwhelming burden on the child and their family. Childhood Cancer Canada wants to send a emPower Pack to every family in Canada whose child is newly diagnosed with cancer.
The emPower Pack will be available to families on the diagnosis of childhood cancer, and will contain some or all of the following:
- An ALL About A.L.L. Video: a 23 minute video to help families understand A.L.L. and its treatment
- Project Hope: Stories of Inspiration from across Canada
- Wings of Hope: a collection of Inspirational words and Images Celebrating the Beauty of Life
- 100 Questions & Answers about Your Child’s Cancer: Gives you authoritative, practical answers about your child’s cancer and coping strategies for both parents and caregivers
- An Organization Binder: With tools to help you stay organized
- Foundation Materials: Including bookmarks & Small Hands Brochures for you to pass on to family and friends who want to help us fundraise
- St Baldrick’s Brochures: Learn about how we are part of the world’s largest volunteer driven head-shaving event
- Tim Horton’s Gift Card: Have a break on us
- “Cancer Can’t Stop Me” DVD:Watch this inspirational 4 minute DVD featuring four, brave childhood cancer survivors
We need to send about 1500 Packs to families in Canada every year. You can help sponsor a Pack by making a donation of $25, $50 or $100.