Manager, Marketing & Communications
Closing On: 28 March 2022
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: April 2022
Manager of Marketing & Communications
Permanent Full Time
Salary: $60K to $70K
Toronto, Ontario (20 Queen Street West, Suite 702) – Hybrid WFH
Childhood Cancer Canada is Canada's leading foundation dedicated to providing support and programing for families affected by childhood cancer and is the primary charitable funding partner of clinical trials and childhood cancer research for C17, comprised of Canada’s leading pediatric oncologists and hematologists. More than 10,000 children in Canada are in treatment for cancer right now and about one in five will not survive beyond five years. Cancer is the number one cause of death by disease of Canadian children. Childhood Cancer Canada’s focus is on saving, enhancing, and extending the lives of kids with cancer.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Manager, Marketing & Communications
will support CCC in achieving its mission, to raise funds and awareness for children with cancer. The successful candidate is a highly organized individual with the ability to manage and support the Foundation’s strategic vision, brand development, and execute annual marketing and communications plans. The role will manage the Foundation’s digital properties, stakeholder communications, marketing campaigns, media relations campaigns, and will provide support to annual and third-party fundraising events. The Manager, Marketing & Communications will foster a culture of philanthropy, demonstrate dignity, professionalism, and a collaborative work ethic to enhance the profile of CCC and grow our capacity to serve childhood cancer families.
- Lead the development and execution of the Foundation’s annual communications plan and editorial calendar.
- Manage all digital properties, including the Foundation’s website (French and English) and social media channels.
- Manage CRM communications to Foundation partners, donors, corporate partners, and other important Foundation stakeholders.
- Oversee all reactive and proactive media relations opportunities, with a goal to raise the profile of the Foundation, spread awareness of childhood cancer, and grow revenue.
- Create monthly Hero of the Month content for social media, e-newsletters, and Foundation website.
- Work with Manager, Programs and Grants to identify and develop ambassador stories to share through digital channels and at fundraising events.
- Oversee annual Childhood Cancer Awareness Month (CCAM) campaign including #MakeCanadaGold and #HeroPoseChallenge initiatives.
- Manage Gold Committee volunteers, in support of CCAM #MakeCanadaGold campaign.
- Manage annual Giving Tuesday campaign and support the Foundation’s goals of increasing year-over-year funds raised.
- Create annual impact report, as well as corporate and partner impact reports as required.
- Implement brand and style guidelines to ensure the branding is consistent across internal and external communications.
- Ensure diversity, equity and inclusion is considered in all marketing and communications efforts.
- Provide cross-functional support to fundraising team, supporting corporate-partner communications and reports, and event support as needed.
- Participate in fundraising event committees and support the fundraising goals of the Foundation.
- 5+ years of experience in marketing and / or communications.
- University or collage degree in communications, advertising, journalism or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in a Content Management System like WordPress or a similar CMS.
- Experience working in Raiser’s Edge, OneCause or a similar CRM Database a bonus, or alternatively a marketing newsletter platform like MailChimp.
- Experience creating digital content for social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn) and familiarity with Canva to create.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Advanced writing and communication skills – an exceptional storyteller, with the ability to motivate and inspire various audiences.
- A skilled problem solver who can work in a fast-paced environment, managing priorities and responding to partners and stakeholders.
- Organized, systematic and able to prioritize, schedule and perform tasks on time and with minimal supervision.
- Able to passionately represent Childhood Cancer Canada and feel comfortable with public speaking.
- Previous foundation work and bilingualism (French/English) considered a strong asset.
- Volunteer and event management considered an asset.
- Experience working with Adobe Illustrator or InDesign an asset.
- Attends and actively participates in meetings (internal and external) when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested in being a part of the CCC team? Does this sound like you? If so, we look forward to your application!
The successful candidate will need to undergo a successful Vulnerable Sector Screening Police check.
Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the hiring process. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are interested in this position, send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
, and indicate Manager, Marketing & Communications in subject line.